I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Household Binder {Part 2} Finances, Activities, and Health & Fitness


Are you ready for Part 2 of the Household Binder Series? I know I am! Yesterday, I shared how I organized sections for To Do's & Calendar, Food, and Home Maintenance. I think those are probably some of the big ones for most of us.Today we're going to cover the Finances, Activities, and Health & Fitness sections. If you need a list of what you'll need to put your binder together, check out Part 1.

Let's get started!

Finances
Bill Paying

Use your own system here. I keep labels, stamps, the checkbook, etc in the pouch of the divider at the beginning of this section.


Receipts

You could have an envelope, another pouch of some sort, or a page protector here to hold receipts that need to be saved. I’m using some leftover page protectors divided into sections from my old coupon holders.


Budget

If you have a budget that you update and fill out on paper, you can put it here. We’re working on transitioning our budget to the forms from Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University (we're in the class now). If you have something like that for your budget, this is a great place for them.


Activities
Field Trips

List ideas for different field trips with your kids such as the library, zoo, play areas, parks. I printed a list of all the library story times in our area each week and a list of all the parks in our city. 


Dates & Family Time

You could potentially split up these categories, but I found that ideas for one sounded like fun for the other as well, so I combined them. Flying kites for example could be a fun thing to do as a family or on a date. For lots of fun date ideas check out this post from Six Sister’s Stuff; some would work great as family outings too. 

Find a list of some of the trails in your area and print it out. Our family always enjoys a good hike.

Find some fun reading list and try to complete them. The Dr Seuss-A-Thon would be a great place to start. Check with your library for other reading lists or Google it. They’re endless!


Playtime  & Learn Time Ideas


These are places for me to jot down ideas that I’d really like to try during playtime and learn time with my son. I  mostly use my Pinterest boards for this, but this is where I go if something pops into my head, and I don’t want to get on the computer. I just stick a piece of notebook paper after the covers to write down little notes. 



If you live in the Colorado Springs area, I’d be happy to share the area specific ideas and activities I found. Just send me an email, and I can email them to you.

Health & Fitness


I printed a bunch of exercises from my “Shape Up” board and put them in the binder. 

Another great thing for this Health & Fitness section would be the Diet & Exercise Printable I made shared about a year ago. 

Well, I think that just about does it for these sections! Tomorrow will be the final installment of the series with the Blog, Etsy, and Memories (Things to Remember) sections. Hope to see you back here then!


If this is the first post of the Household Binder series you're reading, don't forget to check out



___________________________________________________________________________

Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday |  The Girl Creative | Destination: Cutesy Monday | What's In The Gunny Sack |  Made by you Monday | Make It Yourself Monday | Mop It Up Mondays | Make The Scene Monday | Make It Pretty Monday |
Tuesdays:  Show Me What You Got  |  Tuesday Time Out  | Tasteful Tuesdays |  Too Cute Tuesday | Tuesday's Treasures |  Trendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party |  Show & Share | {Wow Me} Wednesday | From Dream To Reality | Create & Share | What I Whipped Up Wednesday | What We Wore & Made Wednesday | The Creative Spark Wednesdays | Milk & Cuddles | Made By Me Wednesdays | Adorned From Above
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup A Crafty Soiriee |Taylor House Thursday | Transformation Thursday | Hookin Up With HoH | Creative Juice Thursday | Live Laugh Linky Thursday | Link Party Thursday | Taking A Time Out Thursday | Eat Make Grow
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays | Flaunt It Friday | Financial Friday Link Up  | Friday Fun Party | Friday Flair | Pity Party | Frugal Friday | Friday Favorites | Weekend Craft Soiree | Weekend Warmth | One Creative Weekend | Tasty Creations | 
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday | Once Upon A Weekend | Sharing Saturday | Dare To Share Saturday | Craft, Create and Inspire | A Pinteresting Party | Serenity Saturday | Saturday Spotlight | Your Great Idea
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday | It's Overflowing Sunday Party |  Cooking & Crafts Party


___________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!