I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Headbands From T-Shirts

I should have been cleaning this morning, but instead I've been sewing! Oh well, the mess will still be there when I'm done writing this post. :-)


You may have seen these Headbands over at Make It And Love It a while back. I've been wanting to make some and finally sat down yesterday and made a couple. They were super easy and quick! 

It's going to be so nice to have something to hold m hair out of my face that will actually stay on my head. Store bought headbands just don't cut it for me (they're usually too small).


If you'd like to make your own, you should definitely check out Ashley's tutorial. Since she came up with it AND did such a great job, I'm not going to repeat the process here. it just involves a little sewing and some braiding. 


I also did a thinner headband than the one above and decided to try dyeing it. I didn't have an cloth dye on hand, so I Googled a bit and found instructions for dyeing cloth with food coloring. Hmmm...interesting. I decided to give it a try, and here's how it turned out.
It's almost what I was going for. I was going for a grey, so it's not bad. I didn't have quite enough red for the mixture, so it's not quite right. I think if I trying dyeing cloth with food coloring again, I won't try to mix a color like black/grey. I'll just go with a basic color like blue or green. Not a bad experiment though!




I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.


1 comment:

  1. We are going to try and make these. Kara loved them as soon as she saw them. I pinned them on my Pinterest board. Thank you so much for sharing on Dare to Share.

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!