I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Page Protectors Double As Coupon Holders {Tutorial}

***A note before we begin: I saw this idea somewhere but can't find where, and I didn't pin it for some reason. If you have any idea where I may have seen it, please let me know. I'd love to give that blog credit. :-)***




I've needed to reorganize my coupons for quite some time. I was using the file method, but it quickly turned into the pile method (i.e. you pile all the inserts in one basket and then try to dig through them in search for the right coupon, haha). Yeah, it wasn't working well. I read a couple posts (you can read one of them here) that convinced me that the binder was the way to go. At this point, though, I didn't want to invest in the baseball card holders that a lot of people use (that and I couldn't find them). 


Then I remembered a post I had seen about making your own holders. I wish I could refer you to the post! Since I can't, though, I'm including a mini tutorial to make them. I hadn't planned on a tutorial, so please excuse the lack of pictures. It's really easy, so I'm sure you can follow along with the pictures I did take. :-)


Step 1: You start by inserting paper (I used a lighter weight card stock) in your page protector. I printed lines on the paper first, so I could use them as a guide.


Step 2: On your sewing machine, zig zag over the lines to create different sections. I did 9 sections per page, but I remember the other post doing a variation of sections, so they would be different sizes for different sized coupons. 


Step 3: Using a very pointy pair of scissors or a seam ripper, cut a line BELOW the horizontal zig zags in between the vertical running zig zags. It should look something like this:


Step 4: Insert your coupons! I've got mine organized in different sections in my binder for different types of coupons (food, household items, cleaners, restaurants, etc).



They work very well! It has been sooo much easier to find my coupons since I've been using this method. I was already buying the page protectors for the Dry Erase Busy Book, so it was relatively inexpensive to make as well. :-)



Pin It



I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo, great idea! I need to made these! Thanks for linking up to Cutesy Monday!

    XO! Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the party and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I just tried sewing on my page protectors for the first time for Project Life and it was so easy and fun. I could think of many ways to use page protectors now that I can customize them. But I didn't think of this one, great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!